Jordan Language Academy can help in arranging academic credit on an individual basis. If student are in a university or college and they like to receive academic credit at their home institution, they need to pass final exams for all the Arabic courses at JLA. Students should discuss in advance with their professor on their campus their desire to transfer credits and have the professor sign the appropriate part of the application form. Students may choose to be graded on an A, B, C, D, F scale, or PASS/FAIL.
A written summary of course work and individual achievement will be provided for any student applying for university credit. We can provide your home institution with course syllabi, course descriptions, and course schedules to help them approve the classes. Once you have begun taking courses here we can continue to communicate with your home institution with attendance sheets, grades, and progress reports. And finally, upon course completion, an official transcript is provided.
Your courses can be certified by the following institutions:
- Jordan Language Academy:
We offer two types of certificates:
- A certificate of attendance: this can be offered to all students who attend classes regularly.
- A certificate of passing courses examinations: this can be offered after passing final exams for all or some Arabic courses. If students choose to receive this kind of certificate they should sit for a final exam and receive grades. An official transcript is issued with this certificate. This type of certificates can be offered to all or part of the courses you study.
- American Consultants for Training (ACT)
American Consultants for Training is a leading international organization based in Texas, USA, that provides training, career development and consultation services for educational institutes as well as businesses around the world. ACT offers a world's leading range of certificates based upon an international standardized assessment scheme which was developed in accordance with The American Association for training and consultation. If you choose to be assessed by ACT you need to express interest at least 8 weeks before the end of your course.
- Jordanian Association of Translators and Applied Linguists
The Jordanian Association of Translators and Applied Linguists is an official Jordanian organization based in Amman. The Association offers certificates after they refer to the records, reports and a summary of course work offered by JLA. The Association offers two types of certificates:
- A certificate of attendance: this can be offered to all students who attend classes regularly
- A certificate of passing courses examination: this can be offered after passing final exams.